FIRST EVER EDITION OF PUCCI’S PALATE!
Our intent is brevity and delicious foods. She delivers on both!
The Story of the Crab Cake.
I absolutely LOVE crab cakes. Unfortunately, most places that serve crab cakes load them up with fillers like breadcrumbs and mayo. Yuck! I prefer to have mine light and fresh yet filling.
- 1 lb lump crab meat (cleaned for shells)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt, pepper and old bay to taste
- Olive oil
- Dice all veggies and sauté with olive oil, salt, pepper and a dash of old bay, on medium low heat for about 10 min.
- Let veggies cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix together crab and veggies. Mix in eggs (use hands as to not break up the crab too much)
- Form cakes and sauté medium heat with olive oil flipping after 6 min or until golden brown.
- Option – top with sliced avocado and Valentina Mexican Hot Sauce, as desired.
Side suggestions: Garlic roasted broccoli, garlic citrus kale, or farro pilaf and a roasted red pepper sauce. These recipes will be following suit!
Thanks a million (Lauren) Pucci!!! You emailed this to me after I finished a delicious meal and it made me hungry immediately. Cannot wait to try it myself!
Please any comments, questions or personal takes on the above would be interesting to hear! Please share the article with any seafood lovers and let us know your results!